Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Underneath My Church

Today was interesting. It's 12:26 pm and I just got back from crawling underneath my church. The reason: looking for dead animals.

I may not be claustrophobic, but I admit that mi corazón was beating pretty fast. There are all these thoughts of, "Man, an earthquake right now would NOT be good," or even, "God I pray I get out of here alive!"

But yeah, I now have a high regard for those who can crawl through tight spaces routinely and extricate dead animals or run wires through houses.

And there's a lot of space underneath our church. I probably crawled through ~200 feet total of waist high and below spaces, sometimes having to crawl on hands and knees to get under pipes.








This is a rough layout:________________________
[
_______________[
[ ] [
[ [
[--(Pipe)---------
[
Entrance: --
[
[ _______ ]
[ ] [ ]
[_____]______[____]

Since this doesn't do well w/ showing homemade schematics, I suppose you will just have to imagine it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...