Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Fishing/Events Update

It's been a while!

We started Surf Fishing in 2013, right after dad came back from his 36th wedding anniversary with mom. He was ultra inspired from watching a guy @ Morro Bay catch surf perch, and relayed it to us that he might be interested in doing the same.

He finally got out on the 6th of January, and caught his first surf perch!





Jr. caught his first Pacific Sanddab, which we mistook for a halibut/flounder:









...and I've had fun catching surf perch!

Teaching 2nd grade has definitely been exceedingly difficult, but, with God's help, I've been able to come to the end of myself and let God work. I had to say, "God, there's nothing more I can do, and if I can do this job it's because of Your help." Well, times will still be hard, but I've found my strength in Christ!

I just caught this 19" Brown (my largest Brown Trout to date) with mom:


This large stonefly was in his mouth, and I found a 1cm rock in his stomach!
I also had a nasty fall, with my right leg taking most of the fall. It's still hard to walk today...

All in all the end of 2013 and the beginning of 2014 have been exciting, and I can't wait to see what's up next!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...