Saturday, July 3, 2010

CBEST: Check!

So the CBEST is no longer on the itinerary, as I received official confirmation of my passing of the test.

It was funny, b/c mi hermano told me that it was a no problemo test, and then dad goes and gets me the CBEST manual 3-inch-thick study guide to the test. I ignore it until the night before the test, and then out of curiosity check it out. It turns out that there was going to be (according to the book) a LOT of material covered, among them many mathematical concepts that I had not seen for a long time (since like high school).

So anyway, I panic and study 'til about 1 a.m., and then the brother tells me not to stress out, that it'll be fine, and I'll pass.

I get there, take the test, and, having the last hour of four to write my 2 essays, finish my last essay maybe 10 seconds after the CBEST rep. tells us to stop...and I finish my last sentence as she says something to the effect of, "...and those who keep writing after I stop will have their entire test voided."

That got my attention, and I finished up (thankfully)!

So yeah, CBEST down, CSET and RICA up next.

Thank God I passed!!!
: ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...